Powered by Blogger.

| Masqurade Ball |

by - February 27, 2017

Hi there, ya'll! =)
 On Saturday my family and I attended a Masquerade Ball held by some friends in honor of Mardi Gras.  I wish I could share pictures of all the beautiful, modest, satin gowns, but we were not allowed to take pictures at the ball itself :/.  One of my favorite parts of attending these dances is seeing how all the young ladies put together such gorgeous outfits, using their imagination and creativity to turn an immodest gown into something beautiful and feminine.  One young lady made her entire outfit, even dying the fabric herself and making jeweled butterflies to use as accents on her skirt and in her hair.  Let me tell you, I get so much inspiration from all these wonderful ladies every year!


I absolutely looooove this dress from Lulu's! I was able to get it at nearly half the original price on Black Friday about two or three years ago, and it is my go-to formal dress.  The skirt is so unbelievably full and perfect for twirling, and the color is one of my favorite shades of blue.  Just putting it on makes me feel like a fairy tale character...I wish I could have found a better jacket to wear over it than this cardigan, but I didn't have time before the ball, so maybe next year. =)  


Just a PSA; When I bought this dress, I cut off seven inches and hemmed it myself.  In this picture, I am wearing heels.  Maybe it's just because I'm 5'2", maybe this dress was designed for a giant, I don't know...;P



My masque was definitely my favorite accessory :).  I found it on Amazon for about ten dollars, and I just love how I can bend it to fit the shape of my face.  Unfortunately, it's very hard to smile with a masque on, so I was only able to wear it for a few dances at a time. =(


//Outfit Details//
Dress: Lulu's/ $64.00
Cardigan: Old Navy/ Old 
Shoes: Rockport (these are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned |:D)
Earrings: Victorian Trading Co./$19.95
Necklace: Gift
Masque: Amazon (sold out in black)

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! I'm hoping to post a tutorial for my hairstyle sometime later this week, so be on the lookout for it! =)

You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.