Powered by Blogger.

//Current Beauty Favorites//

by - February 07, 2017



Hi there, ya'll! =)
Today I thought I'd briefly share a few my current beauty favorites with you all! As some of you may know, I have Hashimoto's, which is an autoimmune disease and is triggered by gluten, so I have to be pretty careful about what I put on my skin.  After many years of testing products and having reactions to ones that weren't quite as clean as they claimed to be, I've managed to find several great brands that I feel safe using and are easy to work with.  These are a little more expensive than your regular drug store makeup, but in the long run they are definitely worth it considering how much better they are for your body.  Plus, most of these products are designed to nourish and protect your body, so it's a win-win! ;)

Foundation

I have had THE HARDEST TIME finding a liquid foundation that I can wear.  My skin is too dry for just powder, and there are very few gluten-free liquid foundations out on the market that I've found so far, but Gabriel's is my current favorite.  It keeps my skin feeling moisturized all day and is very easy apply. It gives a medium to light coverage (which I prefer because it looks more natural) but still covers redness and blemishes pretty well.  Another great brand for foundation is Zuzu's; I loved their products, but the shades they carried didn't blend in with my skin tone :/.

Lipstick

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Red Apple Lipstick ;). I never really wore lipstick until I found them because I just couldn't find any shades that I liked on me, but Red Apple has SO MANY colors to choose from that it was easy.  All of their products are gluten, toxin, and cruelty free, and they have a six month return policy, even if you've already worn the product! My absolute favorite shade by them is "Unpinkable", but I'm always trying new ones. 

 Mascara

Red Apple Lipstick doesn't just carry lipstick! They also happen to carry the best mascara I have ever owned, in brown and black.  Plus, this mascara nourishes your lashes, helping them grow longer and thicker every time you wear it.  I wear it almost every day and never have any problem with it clumping up...I have even slept with it on before and didn't wake up with any raccoon eyes.  I can't say enough about this product; I doubt I'll ever wear a different mascara.

Perfume

Every lady needs a signature scent, something that just reflects her personality and makes her feel put together every time she wears it.  Some dear friends took me to a L'Occitane store a couple of years ago and, oh my goodness, I fell in love.  So many beautiful scents...and all toxin free! For my birthday this year, I received their Cherry Blossom gift set and it has become my favorite out of all their sets.  My little brother loves it too, and sprays the perfume in the air sometimes just to smell it XD.  My second favorite by them would be their Rose set; the Cherry Blossom scent is more subtle so I generally wear it for everyday, and the Rose for evening or formal events.  Right now they are having a lot of Valentine's Day sales, so it's be a great time to check them out! 


What are some of your current beauty favorites? Tell me in the comments, and if you try any of the products I named here be sure to let me know what you think! =)

You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.