Powered by Blogger.

//Sunday Style丨St. Valentine's Day//

by - February 13, 2017

Hi there, ya'll! =)
So I was a bit disappointed with our weather this weekend...I took these pictures on Saturday, overjoyed that it was warm and sunny enough to wear my favorite dress again, and thinking how fitting it would be to wear it this particular weekend, being it looks so "Valentine's Day-ish".  But, to my dismay, I woke up Sunday morning to find the return of the chilly weather, and was forced to fall back to my sweaters and scarves for Mass -_-.  Oh well...


I purchased this dress impulsively (it was only five dollars, so it wasn't too bad) last year because I love anything lace, and the fact that it was too short, too low cut, and two sizes too big didn't bother me at all at that time ;P.  It sat on my sewing table for a few months until I found another dress that I bought (also impulsively) simply because I loved the material. I had the brilliant idea to combine the two (reason number 436 why every single girl in the world needs to know the basics of sewing), the result of which I love so much more than either of the originals! I feel like this dress is so much more "me" now that I've changed it up and added some details.


When I tried this dress on last week, I decided to take it in a bit more to make the silhouette more flattering; when I worked on it last year I focused more on the embellishments instead of the fit...not a good idea -_-. 



A dear friend made me these earrings last year and they've become some of my favorites to wear! She and her family have an Etsy shop where they make all sorts of lovely jewelry, charms, and knitted goodies; I definitely recommend checking them out! ;)

//Outfit Details//
Dress: Originally from ThredUp, altered by me
Shoes: J.Cole's Shoes/Madden Girl Brand

I hope you all have a beautiful week and a blessed St. Valentine's Day!

You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.