Powered by Blogger.

| Sunday Style/ Laetare Sunday |

by - March 27, 2017

Hi there, ya'll! =)
This week was a busy one for my family, so I apologize for the lack of posts.  Last Sunday we had a couple of families over for dinner, drinks, and conversation to celebrate all the feast days that were last week, and then this recent weekend we ran a booth at the Claremore Home and Garden show...and of course we had all our normal day-to-day activities throughout the week.  Springtime is always the busiest time of year for us, but hopefully I'll be able to post more throughout the week soon.  I have some post ideas in mind that I think ya'll will enjoy, including some reviews for a few products I love! =D 


For me, Laetare Sunday is one of the loveliest Sundays out of the whole Liturgical year.  It's a sort of signal that we're getting close to Easter, and you can just feel the excitement growing throughtout the whole liturgy! The weather always seems to join in on the excitement as well, at least where I live; the flowers and trees start to bloom every year on this Sunday, no matter what actual date it happens to land on.  Nearly all the young women and girls were wearing pink or rose at Mass to match the altar cloths and the vestments worn by the priest, and it was such a beautiful sight to see.  I usually join in on this tradition as well, but I had just found this dress in the back of my closet on Saturday, and really wanted to wear it, so I really stood out this year ;P.



I made this dress years ago for Easter, and wore it all the time...that is, until the neckline stretched out and became to low for comfort or modesty (word of advice; when buying cotton knit material, spend a little extra to get better, more sturdy quality).  I didn't like the way it looked with a camisole underneath, but I didn't want to get rid of it, so it just sat in the back of my closet, waiting for the day it would be worn again.  On Saturday, while I was cleaning my closet, I found it and discovered it actually went REALLY well with my favorite scarf! The scarf fixed my neckline problem, as well as dressed up the...well, dress XD.  


//Outfit Details//
Dress: Made By Me
Cardigan: Thrift Store/ Old Navy Brand
Scarf: Gift
Heels: J.Cole's Shoes/Sofft Brand
Earrings: Gift 

I hope you're all having a lovely Monday so far! =)
What are some of your tips for making an outfit more modest?

You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.