Powered by Blogger.

//Sunday Style/Trusting God//

by - January 30, 2017

Hi there, ya'll! =)
Don't you love it when you go through your closet and find things you forgot you owned but absolutely love? I know I do ;P.  This cardigan was one of my favorite things to wear a few years ago, but had been somehow become lost among all my other sweaters until I stumbled upon it yesterday.  Yes, I know, I need to clean out my closet and organize my life a bit more; in fact it's one of my resolutions for this year.  I'm a bit less fond of the shiny buttons now, so I think I may replace those with some more classic black ones before I wear it again.


This Sunday we were blessed to hear a wonderful sermon on the story of Our Lord and the Apostles in the little boat during the storm on the sea.  One of the parts that stuck out most for me was the point the priest made about how during the storm and all the commotion from the frightened apostles, Our Lord still slept peacefully, with no worry or apprehension.  Every action and word of Our Lord's is meant to be a perfect example for us, and this particular story seems to be very important to me, particularly in the world we live in now.  Everywhere we turn, there is a new disaster, a new thing to worry about, another problem that must be solved, and having a peaceful heart grows harder and harder every day, but still we are called to place our complete trust in God and not to worry.  Like Our Lord, we must overcome our worry and learn to be immune to the tumult that surrounds us, and sleep peacefully, knowing everything is in the hands of Our Heavenly Father.  It's ironic how we make our burdens so much harder by all the worrying and overthinking we do, then we blame Our Lord for how hard it is to bear...If we learned to accept our crosses and trust Our Lord like He asks us to, our lives would become so much more peaceful and happy.  


Anyways, sorry for the rant, but this particular sermon really hit home with me and I wanted to share it with you all =).  Maybe I'll start adding a summary of our Sunday sermons to my Sunday Style posts, if you would all like to read about it...



//Outfit Details//
Cardigan: Goodwill/Old
Skirt: Goodwill/Old
Camisole: ThredUp (use the link for ten dollars off your purchase!)
Scarf: Christmas Gift
Shoes: Shoe Dept/Old
Earrings: Consignment Store



Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Let me know if you'd like me to start adding my summary of the sermon I hear on Sunday to my SS posts in the comments =).  
Have a lovely week and God bless!

 I will give peace in your coasts; you shall sleep, and there shall be none to make you afraid...
Leviticus 26:6

You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.