Powered by Blogger.

| Guest Post / Modesty In Swimwear |

by - July 25, 2017

Modesty In Swimwear
Hey y’all! Now, before you start wondering who hacked this blog and start calling the police to report it and everything (;P) let me just tell you that Maddi graciously let me “take over” her blog for a week and write my own collaboration post! Thanks, Maddi!


For those of you who don’t know me (though the very idea is inconceivable :P) I’m Anna, and I’m a friend of Maddi’s. I’m a Catholic young adult who, just like Maddi and others, is trying to find ways of getting around all of the immodesty in the world to make things more modest. So without further ado, today’s post!

The past couple of days I’ve been trying to think of what I could write for this.  After going back and forth with a couple of things, I decided to go for modest swimwear, even though we’re in mid-summer and, at least for us up north, only have a short time left to go swimming before it gets cold.
If any of you are like me, finding a swimsuit without having to put at least 2 layers of clothing on it to fit your modesty standards is not an easy thing to do.  The unfortunate thing is that options for modest swimwear are very few, and often expensive. However, I have been able to find some options for modest swimwear, without having to layer anything.  A few years ago my mom came across this online website called “Dressing for His Glory”.  The lady that runs this store has an awesome selection of anything from shirts and skirts to active wear and swimwear, all with the goal of being modest.  While it still isn’t cheap to get any of the swimwear, I have found ways of getting around the sizing and therefore making it a little cheaper.  Generally speaking I’d be in adult sizes, but I’ve found that I can wear junior size skirts and then just add the optional extra length of 1 or 2 inches.  Also, they have some really fun colors for the skirts! I love this swimskirt because I can still swim in it without too much problem, it’s modest, cute and it holds up for a few years so you can pass it down to younger sisters if you outgrow it (with 3 younger sisters, it happens every year).

For my shirt, I just bought a long-sleeved swim shirt from Lands End (in my favorite color of course) and cut most of the sleeve off since they didn’t have any good choices for short-sleeved shirts.
Another option I have for swimwear, especially if you like sewing, is to make your own swimsuit.  I personally have never made my own, but I do have a number of friends who have and sometimes making your own is a cheaper option.  An added bonus is that it’s fun to make your own clothing. ☺


I hope I was able to help those of you possibly looking at getting a new swimsuit, while keeping it modest.  While I did my best to give cheaper options for swimwear here, I do sometimes have to ask myself which is most important to me. Saving money but maybe buying something that isn’t as modest as it should be and by doing so possibly leading someone astray because of sinful thoughts, or spend a little extra money on something modest that respects others and gives glory to God.

//Outfit Details//
Swim Shirt: Land's End
Swim Skirt: Dressing For His Glory


You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.