Powered by Blogger.

| Awkward/ Awesome | Avoiding Boredom |

by - April 06, 2017

Hi there, ya'll! =)
This week I decided to work on a plan to combat boredom.  Since I live at home and work for the family business, I often have to actively work to find productive things to do to fill the hours.  Housework, cooking, and teaching my brother only take up a portion of my day, so if I don't find other things to occupy myself with, I tend to become bored and just waste the precious hours away.  So, I decided this week I would work on a list of things I can do to be more productive and make my life more enjoyable...




At the top of my list for this week was de-cluttering and re-thinking my closet...and this will probably keep me busy for a few weeks, to be honest XD. I've already donated a box full of clothes that I didn't wear/need anymore, but I still have a ways to go before my closet is in any sort of shape whatsoever.  It's the main drawback to shopping at thrift stores, ya'll; you don't feel guilty about buying a ton of clothes because you get them for such great prices, but before you know it, you have a major closet catastrophe on your hands.


Another item on my list is to work on finding ways to add little details to my life, just to improve my life in general.  Using my essential oil diffuser, being more creative with how I prepare and serve food, practicing on the piano more often, going on walks with friends, working on improving my photography skills, picking flowers for the house, making cards and stationary, etc...there are so many tiny things that can make life more beautiful when you think about it.  Plus, it will be good practice for when I have a home of my own. :) 

Awkward...

  • catching a twenty-four hour flu.
  • giving Mishka a bath...she splashed soapy water all over me and then wouldn't sit with me for over an hour because baths always put her in a bad mood.
  • learning that this year the community Easter party will include an outdoor pig roast, with a spit and everything XD. 
  • every night when I would wash our NutriBullet, I'd leave the lid off so it wouldn't get a musty smell.  After I would go to bed, my dad would put the lid back on. In the morning, I would have to re-wash it to get rid of the smell. And so it went on for weeks, until we finally figured out what was going on and agreed to leave the lid off. XD
  • sending my dad to pick up as many trailer-fulls of mulch as possible because I AM DETERMINED TO HAVE GRASS IN OUR YARD NEXT YEAR. XD
  • my little brother teaching his computer to talk to him and answer questions...It's starting to really freak me out, honestly.
  • My brother remarking that the outfit I'm wearing in this post makes me look like a librarian... XD

Awesome...

  • getting about three-fourths of all my birthday gift shopping done at once (I had coupons XD).
  • sprinkling Lavender Oil on freshly laundered sheets...the faint scent of lavender in your bedroom just makes going to bed so much more enjoyable. 
  •  using sparkling water instead of plain water in my morning lemon drink...I'm never going back to plain water, ya'll, that extra little bit of bubblyness is necessary.
  • a local business giving us several wooden pallets for free.  I'm planning to turn them into shelves and flower boxes to decorate our living room and porch...
  • Easter Sunday being right around the corner =D
  • picking up a book called "The Only 127 Things You Need To Know" at the library...and realizing I already know all of them. XD
  • song recommendations from friends...

//Outfit Details//
Blouse: Consignment Store (I am IN LOVE with this blouse! The details, the soft fabric, the way it goes with everything...)
Cardigan: Thrift Store
Skirt: Thrift Store
Sandals: J. Cole's/Poetic License Brand
Earrings: Consignment Store


So, that's my goal for the next few weeks; to combat boredom and laziness by being creative and making life as interesting as possible.  I'll try to keep you all updated with how successful I end up being with this project, and if you have any suggestions for more ways of staying busy, please share them with me in the comments!
I hope you have a lovely weekend!
God bless...=)


You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.