Powered by Blogger.

| Sunday Style / Compliments |

by - June 26, 2017

Hi there, ya'll! =)
With all the sunshine, it's getting harder and harder to take decent pictures, I'm afraid.  Thank the Lord for Photoshop, or you wouldn't be able to see anything from all the glare XD.  I'm afraid I may have to find a new "photo spot" soon because my heels were sinking into the rocks the whole time we were taking pictures.  Maybe someplace with concrete instead of mud and gravel... ;P



Yesterday, at Mass, I received a beautiful compliment, out of the blue, from a sweet lady who I know.  It was even more special to me because I hardly ever talk with her, and she was just being impulsively thoughtful when she really didn't have to be.  There was no ulterior motive behind her remark, and there was no flattery; just a sweet comment meant to make me smile.  It made me think about how often I give compliments, and how sincere they are.  Flattery is very dangerous, and must be avoided, but at the same time we should compliment others on their true gifts.  Not just physical gifts, either, but on their talents, their personality, their virtues, etc.  If you see someone who has a lovely smile, tell them so! If you are impressed by someone's work or kindness, be sure to say something! You may be the only person who ever does, and if you can make another person smile, you are a wonderful human!  On the other hand, we should also strive to accept compliments gracefully, and not protest when someone says something kind about us.  It is not vanity to be happy that someone admired us, as long as we realize that all our gifts are just that; gifts from God. All the glory belongs to Him; when someone shows admiration for them, we should be grateful to Him for giving them to us and happy that His gifts are being admired.  I personally used to find it very difficult to accept compliments most of the time, because I would feel I didn't deserve whatever praise I was receiving.  Once I learned to accept the praise as being meant for the Artist and not the canvas (if you know what I mean), though, I found it much easier to be grateful and not deny or reject the other person's kindness.  Because in the end, that's what a compliment is; someone else wanting to be kind and make you smile.


Normally I'm not much of a green sort of gal, but I really love this particular shade! I have gotten so much use out of this cardigan; it was definitely worth the $2.50 I spent on it, ;P!  


//Outfit Details//
Dress: Thrifted/ Old
Cardigan: Salvation Army
Sandals: Goodwill
Jewelry: Charming Charlie (sold out now)

Tell me in the comments what you think about giving/receiving compliments!
Have a beautiful week! =) 


You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.