Powered by Blogger.

Fourth Sunday of Advent // Snow and Red Lipstick

by - December 18, 2016

...Drop down dew, you heavens, from above, and let the clouds rain the just one.  Let the earth be opened and bud forth a Savior...
Antiphon from the Fourth Sunday of Advent/ Isaiah 45:8

Hi there! =) 
I find it very fitting that this Antiphon was sung today, because, after praying and hoping all year, the heavens finally DID drop down something...not dew exactly, but something much, much better in my opinion: snow!!! For the past two years we haven't gotten ANY snow at all, so you can imagine how very, very happy I was to look out my window and see the beautiful whiteness begin to cover the ground...


I took the precaution of taking my outfit photos yesterday, and it's a good thing too because, let me tell you; taking photos in a snowstorm is no picnic =/. Even without the snow, though, it was still pretty chilly out, as you can probably tell from looking at my face XD...


On top of having a snow covered yard, I had yet another reason to smile today...I've always loved the red lipstick look on other girls and longed to try it for myself, but was unable to find a shade that I liked on me; not too bright and flashy, and yet not too dark and aging.  Well, everyone, this weekend I found the perfect shade of red lipstick and I am a very happy lady XD.  Red Apple Lipstick is my *favorite* place to get lipstick (and mascara...girls, their mascara is THE BEST), so I tried a few samples of their red shades, and voila! Hollypeno turned out to be "the one" :P.  I'm so glad I found it when I did, too, because to me it seems very Christmassy and festive...I'm probably going to be wearing it for the rest of the holiday season ;)


//Outfit Details//
Sweater: Thrift Store//Old
Plaid Skirt: Consignment Store//$2.00
Leather Boots: JustFab//Old
Wool Hat: Charming Charlie
Necklace: Gift

I hope you all have wonderful Sunday! =D

What's something that's made you smile this week?

Do you have a favorite shade of lipstick?


You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.