Powered by Blogger.

| Top Five Ways To Get Into The Holiday Spirit |

by - November 06, 2017

Hi there, ya'll! =)
First of all, due to all the problems and difficulties I have been having with Blogger, I am moving my blog to a different web address.  I will copy a few of my recent posts to this new address, but from now on I will be sharing my new posts there.  This new address is not connected to my Google Plus account, but I realize I have several readers who follow me there, so I will continue sharing my posts there for you to read.  My new blog address is:

For Catholics, the whole winter season is filled with special feast days and Holy Days to celebrate.  My family doesn't begin celebrating Christmas (playing Christmas music, putting up our tree, etc.) until Christmas Eve, because the Advent season is traditionally the time for preparing for, not celebrating, the birth of Our Lord.  With that being said, I'm the kind of the girl who loves to celebrate everything, whether it be the leaves falling or the first day of Spring, and I love getting into the Winter/holiday mood as much as I can.  So, for today's post I thought I would share my top five ways to get into the holiday spirit!


First on my list is MUSIC.  As I said before, we don't turn on our Christmas music until Christmas Eve (then we play it almost nonstop until February, haha) so I have found it best to play "substitute" music that will put one in a "wintery" mood.  For me, it's Dean Martin.  Pretty much any song by him makes me want to curl up in front a fire with hot chocolate, even in the Summer! As soon as it starts getting cold, I begin listening to my playlist of favorites and suddenly I'm craving candy canes! Speaking of candy canes, second on my list is to add peppermint everything to your life.  This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm obsessed with peppermint...okay, maybe it does a little.  Everyone has their favorite scent that makes them happy (apparently pumpkin spice is a popular one), and peppermint is mine.  The diffuser in my room sprays a peppermint mist pretty much every day of Autumn and Winter, and I use mint flavoring in everything.  Something about it makes me a happy lady! ;)  


Third on my list is decorating.  Not Christmas decorations, those are for Christmas ;).  I love any excuse for decorating, and I think Winter is a perfectly acceptable excuse for making the house look pretty.  Some years I just change our table cloth to something more cheery and warm looking, and others I decorate the whole house with fall greenery and purple cloth (to keep Advent and our preparations for Christmas foremost in our minds).  I've seen ideas on Pinterest for decorating with small pumpkins and other harvest foods, and I'm thinking about trying something like that this year.  Whatever makes you feel warm and cheery, add it to your home for the holidays! 


Next on my list is food, namely spices added to your food.  Cinnamon, Clove, etc., these spices and scents bring warmth and cheer to mind wherever they're used.  I like to make lots of pies and baked goods during the colder months, and the smell of all the spices coming from the oven would make even Ebenezer Scrooge feel like singing.

Lastly, to get oneself into feeling the holiday spirit, you have to dress like it! Even if it's seventy degrees outside (I grew up in Texas, so I know how that is), put on a hat when you leave the house to remind yourself that, somewhere, snow is falling and fireplaces are roaring.  If it's cool enough, wear a sweater, even a light one.  Sweaters are the perfect way to put one in a cozy frame of mind! And if you're lucky enough to live somewhere where it's cold enough for an actual coat (sorry, Texas), wear your favorite coat and revel in it! 

What are your favorite ways to get into a Winter frame of mind?

When do you start decorating for Christmas?

| Outfit Details |
Dress: Florence Adams (sold out, also sold here)
Cardigan: Target/Old
Hat: Amazon
Shoes: Amazon (sold out)

You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.