Powered by Blogger.

| Sunday Style / Cinderella Inspired |

by - October 02, 2017

Hi there, ya'll! =) 
Today I have a new sort of post to share with you all! I've seen lots of "character inspired outfit" posts on other blogs and Instagram accounts and they've always intrigued me, so I thought I'd give it a go myself this Sunday.  I had a hard time deciding what movie or book character I would like to use for inspiration, but finally settled on a character form one of my favorite movies ever: Ella, from the 2015 "Cinderella".


If you know me at all, you know one thing in particular; I LOVE this version of Cinderella! Lily James did such a fantastic job at her role and Kenneth Branaugh managed to recreate my favorite fairy tale in the most beautiful way possible.  Until this movie was released, the only Cinderella movie I felt did the story justice was "The Slipper and The Rose", but this one is definitely my new favorite.  Creating an outfit inspired by Ella was so much fun, her costumes were some of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

One of the first things you notice about Ella is her femininity and gracefullness, so that was something I really wanted to express in this outfit.  All her clothes are blue or light pink, and very girly, but also simple and elegant.  When I first tried on this dress, I was instantly reminded of Ella; the pink roses and blue fabric just radiate simplicity and elegance!


I've never been much of a "ring" sort of girl.  I love rings, but never buy them because, to me, rings are meant to have some sort of significance and not just be for adornment.  The few rings I do own all have some special meaning to me; my consecration ring shows the world I have consecrated myself to Our Lady, my two gold dolphin rings were gifts from my older brothers years ago, my diamond solitaire was my grandmother's engagement ring, etc.  The cameo ring I wore with this outfit was a gift from my maternal grandmother, because I always admired it in her jewelry box when I was little, and makes me think of her every time I wear it. 


(Please excuse the dusty floorboards -_-)

 I've had this cardigan for years now and I think I've only worn it once (*face palm*).  
It's so, so beautiful and elegant looking, but I just couldn't find anything to wear it with! I couldn't bear to get rid of it though, so I've held onto it all this time, searching for something to pair it with.  Sunday morning I decided to try it with one of my new dresses from Neesee's and was. in. love.  The pale pink matches the roses on the dress perfectly and makes the whole outfit even more girly, which is always a good thing in my book. ;)  The color and fabric reminds me of the dress Ella was going to wear to the ball, before her fairy godmother turned it into a ballgown. What is it about pale pink that is so feminine? Whenever I wear something this shade of pink, I always feel like a princess in a fairy tale...all I need is a tiara and an animal sidekick, and I'd practically be in a Disney movie.
  

I'm sure you're all well aware of how much I love this bag by now, but I have to say it again: I LOVE this bag!!! It's so pretty and easy to carry, and goes with almost everything in my closet.  The tassels just make my heart flutter every time I see them...! Alright, I'll stop now...

This outfit was quite a bit of fun to put together so I may do more "character inspired" posts in the future! Be sure to tell me what you think, and if you have any book or movie characters you'd like me to base an outfit off of, please let me know in the comments!

What's your favorite fairy tale?

//Outfit Details//

Dress: Neesee's Dresses (sold out, similar here)
Sweater: Thrift Store
Earrings: Charming Charlie (sold out)
Cameo Ring: Gift

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hello Maddi! I'm so glad I found your beautiful blog from a mutual friend! This outfit is stunning and oh so pretty. the 2015 Cinderella is also my all time favorite and I think you did a great job putting this outfit together. Thank you for sharing such great posts on modesty!

    May God bless you and keep you,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Sarah! It really means a lot :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.