Powered by Blogger.

| Beauty Faves / Clove and Hallow |

by - September 21, 2017

Hi there, ya'll! =)
Today's post is about one of my favorite things...lipstick!
I recently purchased several different products from Clove and Hallow for the first time, and I wanted to share my experience with you! I know every girl has a different preference for what she wears on her lips, so I also ordered some Lip Gloss and Liquid Lipstick to review, in addition to their lipstick.


Most of the time I tend to favor more bright shades of pink and red, but I have been in search of a light pink shade to use as a more everyday look for a long time now.  I hadn't had any luck (every shade I tried was either way too pale, or far too pink) until I discovered Clove and Hallow's "Ballerina Slippers"!  Those of you who follow my Instagram stories know how much I am in love with this lipstick; I just can't get enough of the lovely rose color! It looks exactly the same as it did in the photos on their website, and matches my skin color beautifully! Out of everything I ordered, this has definitely been my favorite, and I wear it nearly every day.  I also ordered their "Damsel" shade for more formal events; it's a gorgeous red that reminds me of carnations! I have a feeling I will be wearing it a lot come Christmastime! 


This year I have heard so much about liquid lipstick and how wonderful it is, but, to be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered some.  I assumed it would be similar to a lip gloss, so I decided to try their "Road Trip" shade because it looked pink and girly.  Turns out, liquid lipstick goes on like a gloss, but when it dries, becomes more of a matte lipstick! It stays in place all day, and doesn't smudge at all once it dries.  The shade was a little neon for me at first, but after it dried, I loved it.  My lips stay hydrated all day when I wear it! Sometimes I'll add a little clear gloss on top, but most of the time I just wear it by itself.  I do want to point out that it is VERY important to exfoliate your lips before putting on the liquid lipstick; if you don't, your lips will look dry, flaky, and yucky, which isn't very chic at all.  I may or may not have learned this the hard way...


I had a bit of trouble deciding which Lip Glaze to order...all the shades were so, so pretty! I ended up purchasing "Prep", "Candied Hearts", and " Bubbly", and "Candied Hearts" is definitely my go to gloss now! All of the glazes go on so smoothly and look just lovely on top of lipstick, or even all by themselves! I'd never seen a container quite like theirs, but it's very practical and makes applying the glaze easy and flawless.  All you have to do is twist the bottom a couple of times, and the glaze is pushed up through the tube to saturate the brush at the end, and then you can use the brush to apply the glaze however you prefer.


I think it's safe to say I have a new favorite lipstick company.  I love supporting small businesses, especially when what they sell is so fantastic! Not only are their products free from all nasty, toxic ingredients, they are also gluten free, which is a huge plus for me! You can see the whole list of ingredients they ban from all their products here.  They also just began carrying a few other makeup and skincare products that I am eager to try in the future.

I hope you found this review helpful! If you decide to order some of Clove and Hallow's products, please be sure to come back and let me know what you think!

Do you wear lipstick, gloss, or liquid lipstick?

What's your favorite shade?


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm a huge fan of lipsticks: I usually wear eyeliner and lipstick (nude for the day and red for the night or special occasions) and I feel very classy and girly!
    My favorite lipstick are Brick o la by Mac and Made it by Smashbox.

    I didn't know the brand you mentioned, I will be looking at their website!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.