Powered by Blogger.

Sunday Style...Second Sunday of Advent

by - December 05, 2016

...You will turn again, O God, and bring us to life, and Your people shall rejoice in You.  Show us Your mercy, O Lord, and grant us Your Salvation...
Offertory Antiphon Ps. 84:7-8

Hi there!
Sunday came just in time this week, for me at least! Our Lord certainly knew what he was doing when he gave us a day of rest each week =).  


For Mass I wore one of what I call my "emergency outfits".  I tend to be very indecisive about what I want to wear, so, since we attend an early morning Mass on Sundays and I don't have the luxury of hours to spend making up my mind, I put together several outfits ahead of time that I know look nice and which I can grab at a moments notice.  Someone told me I should try this years ago, and I honestly don't remember who it was, but it has been a lifesaver for me on many busy mornings.  Not my most colorful or festive outfit, but in real life one has to work with what you have and make it turn out as best you can ;).


When I first wore this outfit, I didn't care for it because I felt like it was too dull for me personally.  Luckily, I thought to try a new lipstick my mom had bought me from Red Apple Lipstick that I had originally found too bright for me, and voila! the dark brown and the bright pink perfectly balanced each other out and made the whole ensemble come together.  Plus I felt like adding a little color made this outfit more "me" ;).



//Outfit Details//
Cashmere Sweater: Stolen from Mom/ J.Crew Brand
Plaid Skirt: Thrift Store/ Old
Pashmina Scarf: Gift from my grandmother
Shoes: Payless $10 (old)
Earrings: LuLu's, old/ $4 on Cyber Monday
Lipstick: Red Apple Lipstick, Color "Unpinkable"

I hope you all had a very blessed Sunday and a lovely week! =)

You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.