Powered by Blogger.

Sunday Style...First Sunday of Advent

by - November 27, 2016

Offertory From The First Sunday of Advent Ps. 24: 1-3
To Thee have I lifted up my soul: in Thee, O my God, I put my trust, let me not be ashamed: neither let my enemies laugh at me: for none of them that wait for Thee shall be confounded...


Happy Sunday, ya'll! Today is the first Sunday of Advent, which means Christmas is right around the corner! Mass was especially beautiful today with the addition of the Advent wreath and tall candles, as well as all the purple vestments.  Though I generally don't care for wearing the color purple, I love seeing it, especially the dark purple that is usually used by our monks for the liturgy.


This is my "too-cold-to-smile" face. ;P


Can we just take a moment to appreciate how much hats help me out in the wintertime? On days when I oversleep or just don't feel like fixing my hair, all I have to do is throw on a hat and no one would ever be able to tell I only got out of bed fifteen minutes before.  Plus, it keeps my ears from freezing off, which is a definite bonus.  I'm generally really particular about what hats I like to wear so I don't have very many, but I have found several darling hats at Charming Charlie that aren't expensive and just look lovely! This cloche and this fedora are my favorites, besides the one I wore today.


Grey, overcast, cold days are my favorite (second only to stormy days), especially if happens to be a grey, overcast, cold Sunday! It's the perfect time to bundle up into a cozy sweater in front of your fireplace (or wood stove, in my case) with a cup of coffee and play Scrabble all night.  In fact, that is precisely what I plan to do today ;).  

Cashmere Sweater: Stolen from my mom, Banana Republic Brand
Skirt: Consignment store
Scarf: Birthday gift
Boots: JustFab

Have a lovely Sunday and a blessed Advent!


You May Also Like

0 comments

This blog is dedicated to Our Lady, the Queen of Heaven, and the perfect model of modesty and feminine virtue.